2011년 11월 13일 일요일

Review : Buffet restaurant

Ashley Premium
 

      I went to the buffet restaurant named ‘Ashley’ which is located in Non-hyun dong, Incheon to celebrate my parents’ wedding anniversary. Right after entering the restaurant, delicious smell stimulated my appetite. This buffet restaurant has become issue among young people with delicious salad bar. Let’s observe about this restaurant deeply to check on whether it is good like the reputation.   





 
Taste : Generally, the taste of foods were great. Especially, I was satisfied with pizza and spaghetti. Whenever I go to buffet restaurant and eat pizza and spaghetti, I felt like “Oh, it is just pizza and spaghetti, no more, no less.”, but for this restaurant, I thought its taste got abreast of high-class Italian restaurant. For dessert, I was fascinated by its deep, savory taste. This restaurant’s cheese cake and brownie cake were the best I’ve ever had. But I am very sorry about one thing. Some foods were too spicy, so it was hard to eat easily for babies or old people. (Actually, it was too spicy for me even though I can eat spicy food well.)   
 


 


Interior Design : The restaurant’s design was like other family restaurant such as Outback. I liked that some small pictures were hanging on the wall because it looked like mini gallery. Interior design was different for each hall. One hall was decorated in western style, and the other hall was designed in antique style. Both design created cozy atmosphere, and it increased pleasure to eat. I was satisfied with the designs.      

Service : Service was so-so. Although employees were kind, and they cleaned the finished plates quickly, I had to wait for a long while after calling them, and they didn’t fill the lacking food immediately. For example, there was no cup to drink, and people were waiting for the cups. But employees didn’t care about that, finally my father asked them to bring the cups. Service is one of the important points when we evaluate the restaurant. They need to care about service more than before.

Variety of food : Menu is divided into two ; main dish and salad bar (buffet). I will evaluate only buffet food because my family paid for only salad bar not ordering main dish. There were various kinds of buffet food for basics. For example, there were a lot of kinds in Pizza, spaghetti, soup, and salad comparing to other normal buffet restaurants which provide only one type of Pizza, Spaghetti and salad. And for salad, not only special- menu salad such as apple-salmon salad, but also various toppings and salad dressing were prepared so that people could make their own salads palatably. However, there were not much Korean food (there was only Bibimbab), so it seems like old people who don’t like western food couldn’t enjoy eating. Kinds of beverage and dessert were also various.  





Price : Price is different depends on when we eat. Only weekday lunch is 12,900 won, and weekday dinner or weekend lunch/dinner is 18,900 won. Comparing to other restaurants’ salad bar, the price is more expensive than Bennigans and cheaper than V.I.P.S. When I consider the variety of buffet food and the taste, it is well worth its price. Also, I thought it is reasonable that dinner’s price is more expensive than weekday lunch, because they provide more kinds of food such as steaks, hot wings, and pork ribs for dinner.   


Cleanliness : This restaurant was clean because this restaurant is in department store, and the department store have to manage restaurants’ cleanliness. As I watched cooking process, cooks dressed in an outfit appropriate to cook, and it seemed they keep cookers clean. When people dropped food putting food on a plate, employees cleaned them quickly.Therefore, I gave them full score for cleanliness. 


Rough map to get to the 'Ashley Premium' in Non-hyun, Incheon





댓글 1개:

  1. Excellent. Very similar to Eom Soyoung's. I love buffet restaurants, and tend to overeat and eat way too many different kinds of foods, but once in a while it's a guilty pleasure. For service, buffet style places tend to be a bit scattered. You can't really expect individual care, and of course they don't get tips.

    I really like the pictures and personal tone, and some nice descriptions of the food. Also excellent information.

    The only think lacking is a conclusion. You end this a bit abruptly. Try to summarize as you would in a 5 paragraph essay. All in all - excellent! I'm hungry.

    답글삭제