2011년 10월 30일 일요일

Metafiction

           In cozy sofa, one little boy awaked from his sleep. As Tommy-the boy- went out on the balcony, he had screwed up his eyes as if he found the sunshine too bright. His cut kitten came in the warm sunshine purring and stood by him. Then, the cat licked his leg.
             “It tickles! Aha, you want to play with me. Ok, I’m going to catch you from now on then you have to run away from me. Three, two, one. Start!”
The cat ran away quickly and hid somewhere surprising with his shout. After he saw the cat disappeared, he started to look for the cat.
             “Where are you my little kitty? Are you behind the sofa?”
He searched behind the sofa which he had been sleeping in, but there was nothing.
             “Are you under the bed? Come out quickly!”
He looked under the bed, but there was something blue instead of his kitty. He stooped down and put his arm under the bed more deeply. As he pulled out and took a close look at the blue thing with bright light, it was a blue book. The name, In-chan was written on the back of the book.        
Wow, it’s my father’s diary.”
The blue diary was covered with dust. It seemed like nobody had read the diary for a long time. He opened the front hard cover of the diary and started to read the first page.

It was a gloomy day, and I was watching the cars passing by. The sun was shining brightly on the grass. Birds on the tree were twittering, and lovers on the street were flirting. It was quite beautiful day. Everything was beautiful, and ironically, it made me sad. Everything was perfectly beautiful except for me.
 If it was yesterday, I would feel perfect. But it isnt today. Bright sun seems too bright, twittering birds seem noisy, and I dont want to see the lovers. What makes me like this? I cant really say about that. My thoughts come from me. But sometimes I dont know where it came from. That moment is now. Lets just think about what happened yesterday, the day I was happy.

“Hmm…… My father was so sentimental when he wrote this diary.”
Tommy kept reading the rest part. And when he started the beginning of the rest part, he could felt the sudden change of the tone.

           I CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT IT! Whats wrong with me!? Why did I have to ruin the concert? I shouldve stopped at the moment. I FARTED while I was doing my solo part! Oh god. What a nice motorcycle I was at that moment!! I wanted to cry out loud, but I couldnt. Only I could do is just blushing my face with shamefulness and frustrations: of course, there were several reasons which felt me shame, but the very first thing was that I was right in front of my lovely girl friend, Lou! I thought that it would be impossible to forget todays happening, the way she saw me with surprise and frustration.
           When I faced her eyes which were full of surprise, I noticed that she disappointed at me. She ran away from me, and I follow her and tried to grasp her by the wrist. And then cruel words came out from her lovely lips.
  Lets break up. I dont want to go out with the boy who farted during solo part.
 I dropped my hand which had tried to grasp her with, and tears flew down my face.
          
           Wow, it’s about my father and my mother. But it is different a little bit from what I had heard from my father. He told me that my mother chased after my father to marry him.”
             Tommy ran to his father and asked what the real is. His father, Inchan took a look around quietly feeling abashed about son’s unpredictable question. Then he put a finger to his lips and said,
             “From now on, this diary is secret only between you and me. You don’t have to talk about the content of this diary to anyone, no, especially to your mother. Do you get it?”
             Tommy suddenly became quiet and nodded his head. Maybe he thinks that he and his father are playing kind of ‘game’ like he had played spy game in kindergarten.
         “Ok, papa. I am not going to tell about the diary to anyone. I promise.”
             “Thank you my lovely son. Do you want to play with me? What kind of game do you want to play?”
             Tommy and his father start to play and to run around the living room. The sun streams into the living room again. Their happy laughter is spreading out far away.

댓글 1개:

  1. Excellent work! I had high hopes for this story, and you framed it nicely with this innocent little boy. It's actually quite funny - especially the fart, and the father's embarrassment. I really expected you to have the fart come again, or perhaps have the little boy blackmail his father and ask for a sum of money NOT to mention it to his mom. In any case, I like how you have the boy discover the diary by playing with a cat etc., and you've done a good job of creating a short little story that works. You should be proud of it.

    답글삭제